Why, you ask? A couple reasons. First - whatevuh - I do wut I want. Second - history can be awesome if you focus your attention on tanks and away from boring stuff like facts. And third, which is probably most important, have you ever spoken to a Russian about World War 2? Apparently, they won the pants off of it.
I know what you're thinking - America won WW2. And it did - there's no question about it. It's written in all the best history books and in all websites that I chose to read. And it's logical too. America = Good. Nazis = Bad. Soviets = not as bad as Nazis, but still - they're not America, so pretty bad. And Good beats Bad all the time. Except when you take into account Dark Helmet's wise words that Evil will always triumph because Good is dumb.
But those crazy Russians will fight you to the death when you present them with hard facts about the amazing successes of America during the Second World War. Facts like:
- We dropped two atomic bombs, forcing the surrender of one of the axis powers.
- Without our participation in the invasion of Normandy, the Allies would not have been able to begin moving East, retaking Europe as they went.
- We achieved air superiority with the involvement of planes like the B-17 Flying Fortress and the P-51 Mustang.
- Our tanks, like the Sherman, could beat the pants off most German tanks (except those which were so badass that nothing could stop them except a lack of fuel or money to produce them (Tiger 2's)).
- Psh, We're Americans, and we win EVERYthing.
Also? The Soviet T-34 tank was like trying to fight a giant ogre-dragon hybrid while using a pencil as a sword and an Altoid tin for a shield.
And if that's not the best evidence that America won WW2, I don't know what is.